tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@jboss.org>
Subject Re: tomcat jitters, then hangs - please help
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:32:08 GMT
Noam Camiel wrote:

> Hi folks,
> A week's gone by and all seems fine.  Server is stable and working properly.
> Thanks for all who helped out! Ryan, Remi Yoav and Arthur, many thanks.
> It may be a good idea to document this for others who may stumble over this
> problem.
> All the best
> Noam Camiel
>
> Details:
> Problem: Tomcat Server becomes unresponsive to new requests after several
> hours, regardless of load.
> OS RH9; Tomcat 4 or 5; VM Sun or IBM (JDK 1.4)
> Solve: (tcsh): setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.2.5

Thanks :)
Very good news :)

I think I'll need to add that in the release notes (and putting it in
the FAQ would be good as well). Very weird symptoms, though. The only
explanation for the bug is if the thread waiting on the socket just
vanishes (there's no way it can go out of the blocking accept loop
otherwise - I reviewed that quite extensively ;-)).

Q: would the assume kernel 2.4 work as well ? I believe it would, but it
could be worth confirming it eventually. This is not critical, obviously.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat