tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Derek Chen-Becker <dbec...@cpicorp.com>
Subject Re: Java/JSP/Servlet Programmer
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:05:37 GMT
If I were going to just post data to a servlet I would probably skip the
JSP part :) Maybe have the Servlet forward to a JSP for output. I would
probably have a hard time with the lack of documentation. I have a very
strong grasp of how things relate and work together but I'm not a rote
memorization guy, so stuff like code completion in IDEs helps jog my
memory on method names and the like.

IMHO, I think conversations about design or concepts can elicit a much
better picture of what a candidate does or does not know. Of course, it
can be harder to quantify candidates with this method.

Derek

Ruben Gamez wrote:
> Does anyone else think that what I'm asking for is so difficult?

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-1575 x996455
dbecker@cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: 1C34 D81E D8A0 641D 6C8C  E952 3B15 693F 9184 BC58