tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <>
Subject Multiple AuthN configs with
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:38:23 GMT
I have a number of apps sitting behind apache+mod_jk. Some want
apache+mod_jk to manage authN and so require
request.tomcatAuthentication=false in and others what to
manage authentication themselves with request.tomcatAuthentication=true.
Unfortunately the behaviour appears to be mutually exclusive with one
set of apps broken regardless. Eithe the app returns a 403 because
apache did the authn, or the app sees null in request.getRemoteUser();

Does anyone know if its possible to set 2 Coyote/JK2 connectors up on
the same tomcat instance with different properties ?
appears to be hard coded in JkMain.

Does anyone know how to use the LOCALNAME feature in the javadoc for
JkMain ( ?

but I cant see how to map that to a port for a mod_jk end to attach to ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message