tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Still needing help with DBCP - slow response time
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:54:08 GMT
On 10/09/2003 11:58 PM Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ wrote:
> Hi,
> i am still having problems with DBCP 1.0 - TomCat 4.18.
> Some hints:
> 1 - I didnt setted the server.xml up.
> 2 - I am using the Oracle Thin Driver
> 3 - I ve created my own  connection pooling class, called BeanPoolConn,
> which returns a datasource object. See below the main statement:
>
>       DriverAdapterCPDS cpds = new DriverAdapterCPDS();
>       cpds.setDriver("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
>       cpds.setUrl("jdbc:oracle:thin:@uxrjo038:1526:drj1");
>       cpds.setUser("PORTAL_PRATICA");
>       cpds.setPassword("PORTAL_PRATICA00");
>       Jdbc2PoolDataSource tds = new Jdbc2PoolDataSource();
>       tds.setConnectionPoolDataSource(cpds);
>       tds.setDefaultMaxActive(10);
>       tds.setDefaultMaxWait(50);
>       tds.getConnection();
>       ds = tds;
>       return ds;
>
> 4 -  My main class instances this BeanPoolConn class:
>
>              if ( ds == null )
>                 {
>                    BeanPoolConn bp = new BeanPoolConn();
>                    ds = bp.conexao();
>                 }
>              con = ds.getConnection();
> 	... do something...
> 	pstmt = con.prepareStatement(query);
>             resultcount = pstmt.executeUpdate();
>
> Question: Is it enough? Are there others steps to be done?
> Thanks again, Euclides.

Hi Euclides,
if you are making a custom connection pool with DBCP, you would get a
better response by mailing their users & developers on the commons
mailing list.

Sounds interesting, but I can't help, sorry. What drives you to write a
custom connection pool anyway? Have you got problems with the commons
implementation?

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2