tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "wade.johnson@abbnm.com" <wade.john...@abbnm.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4 + Apache 1.3 + mod_jk lb session loss
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:00:54 GMT
It's my understanding that the jvmRoute values must match the
worker names in order for mod_jk to know where to route the
request.

In this case, the values should be "live2" and "live3".

G. Wade

Ned Regina wrote:

> The jvmRoute attributes are set to tc1 and tc2 respectively.  The
> jvmRoute suffix on the JSESSIONID cookie alternates between the two
> servers when reloading.  There's no authentication on the page.
>

> At 03:49 PM 10/9/2003, you wrote:
>
>> Just as a quick check of the obvious.
>>
>> You do have jvmRoute set correctly on the <Engine/>s for each
>> Tomcat server, don't you?
>>
>> You aren't using BASIC authentication by any chance are you?
>>
>> G. Wade
>>
>> Ned Regina wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to load balance multiple Tomcat 4.1.27 servers behind
>>> Apache 1.3.28 using jk(1) on RedHat 9.  It appears that the sessions
>>> are not being maintained when more than one Tomcat server is
>>> running.  A quick test page which prints application, session,
>>> request, and cookie information shows a new JSESSIONID cookie every
>>> time the page loads as well as alternating "Real Path" values (for
>>> each Tomcat server instance).  I've had the same configuration
>>> working perfectly for nearly a year using Tomcat 4.0.X, Apache 1.3.x,
>>> and RedHat 7.2 running on three separate servers (one
>>> apache+mod_jk+tomcat, the others just tomcat).
>>> Initially, I had set up a multiple server system with the new
>>> software when I noticed this problem.  To simplify, I've set up a
>>> test environment on one server with tomcat instance 1 running on
>>> ports 8005,8009,8443,and 8080 and tomcat instance 2 running on ports
>>> 9005,9009,9443, and 9080.  I'm using the default server.xml for each
>>> with the ROOT context statement un-commented and the ports changed as
>>> above.  This is what my workers.properties looks like (although it's
>>> gone through a great many permutations in the debug process).
>>> #
>>> # workers.properties
>>> #
>>> # In Unix, we use forward slashes:
>>> ps=/
>>> # list the workers by name
>>> worker.list=router
>>>
>>> # --------------------------------------
>>> # Load Balance remote tomcat server test
>>> # --------------------------------------
>>> worker.router.type=lb
>>> worker.router.balanced_workers=live2,live3
>>> worker.router.sticky_session=1
>>> worker.live2.port=8009
>>> worker.live2.host=192.168.254.102
>>> worker.live2.type=ajp13