tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Class problem
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:48:29 GMT
Its your JSP (Display.jsp) which is bad cand can't be compiled.

-Tim

mas suhaila wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Tomcat 4.1.27 and j2sdk1.4.2 installed. I'm using Win 2000.
>
> I have tried to create a form and I use a java class(UserData.java) to store the information
collected from the form. My form page and Display.jsp page is in TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT\.
The UserData.java is stored in TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\com directory. I have
compiled it and get UserData.class stored in the same directory. I have added something in
web.xml file in TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml
> which are
>
> <servlet-name>userdata</servlet-name>
> <servlet-class>com.UserData</servlet-class>
>
> I run my tomcat and open my form page and put in some data. The next page should display
the data I have provided earlier. Unfortunately I get this error message