tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Could Not Start The Tomcat Server After Commenting Out Realm in the server.xml For Using JDBCRealm
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:45:22 GMT
Tomcat won't start up if the Realm can't start up. Since you didn't replace
your connection information with the dummy JDBCRealm placeholder, the
connection failed to the database.

As for the &, in your connection string in your older email had:
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/artimus?user=javauser&password=javadude"

Which should be:
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/artimus?user=javauser&amp;password=javadude"

-Tim