tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <>
Subject not getting a stacktrace on an exception
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:00:23 GMT
I'm getting a Status 500 error page in my app

root cause java.lang.StackOverflowError

It goes on to say that "the full stack trace of the root cause is
available in the Tomcat logs.", but it isn't. I have the looked on the
console, in the engine, host & context log files but I can't find a
stack trace.

Whether I need one or not is questionable - that
SetCharacterEncodingFilter is the one from tomcat's example app and has
been working faultlessly for at least two weeks on tomcat5. Sets
encoding to UTF-8.

I can't think of what I have changed that has caused this, so I am at a
loss. There's nothing in bugzilla that looks like this, and I can't see
anything relevant in the archives.

It's reproducible, every time at the same place. Is there anything I can
do or should I just log it straight into bugzilla?

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: