tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject not getting a stacktrace on an exception
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:00:23 GMT
I'm getting a Status 500 error page in my app

org.blacksail.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:146)
root cause java.lang.StackOverflowError

It goes on to say that "the full stack trace of the root cause is
available in the Tomcat logs.", but it isn't. I have the looked on the
console, in the engine, host & context log files but I can't find a
stack trace.

Whether I need one or not is questionable - that
SetCharacterEncodingFilter is the one from tomcat's example app and has
been working faultlessly for at least two weeks on tomcat5. Sets
encoding to UTF-8.

I can't think of what I have changed that has caused this, so I am at a
loss. There's nothing in bugzilla that looks like this, and I can't see
anything relevant in the archives.

It's reproducible, every time at the same place. Is there anything I can
do or should I just log it straight into bugzilla?

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9