tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: JNDI+dbcp Can't find my jdbc driver
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:20:30 GMT
and this is mine (guaranteed to work! well, maybe... ;) ) It's in my
context for the particular app.

Did somebody say removeAbandoned was depracated?

<Resource name="jdbc/LinkLibDB"
        auth="Container"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource">
</Resource>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/LinkLibDB">
   <parameter>
     <name>factory</name>
   </parameter>
   <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections  -->
   <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>xxxxx</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>xxxx</value>
   </parameter>
   <!-- Class name for mysql JDBC driver -->
   <parameter>
     <name>driverClassName</name>
     <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
   </parameter>
   <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to your MySQL dB.
   The autoReconnect=true argument to the url makes sure that the
   mysql JDBC Driver will automatically reconnect if mysqld closed the
   connection.  mysqld by default closes idle connections after 8 hours. -->
   <parameter>
     <name>url</name>
     <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/linklibrary2</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>autoReconnect</name>
     <value>true</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>useUnicode</name>
     <value>true</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>characterEncoding</name>
     <value>UTF-8</value>
   </parameter>
   <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make sure you
   configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to handle
   all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit. -->
   <parameter>
     <name>maxActive</name>
     <value>100</value>
   </parameter>
   <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
   Set to 0 for no limit. -->
   <parameter>
     <name>maxIdle</name>
     <value>30</value>
   </parameter>
   <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
   in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
   this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely. -->
   <parameter>
     <name>maxWait</name>
     <value>10000</value>
   </parameter>
   <!--  abandoned dB connections are removed and recycled -->
   <parameter>
     <name>removeAbandoned</name>
     <value>true</value>
   </parameter>
   <!-- set the number of seconds a dB connection has been idle before
   it is considered abandoned. default timeout is 300 seconds.-->
   <parameter>
     <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
     <value>60</value>
   </parameter>
   <!-- 'logAbandoned' can be set to true if you want DBCP to log a
   stack trace of the code which abandoned connections.-->
   <parameter>
     <name>logAbandoned</name>
     <value>true</value>
   </parameter>