tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <>
Subject Re: Filter for Form Authentication Problem
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:08:47 GMT
That bugzilla issue only addresses filters, not character encoding, with

On the one hand the servlet 2.4 spec actually addresses response
character encoding issues nicely, with the addition of stuff like:

to the web.xml .

It would be a shame if the solution doesn't extend to the request
encoding as well, i.e. so that the tomcat SetCharacterEncodingFilter
class becomes redundant, but at this point I haven't got to the point
where I can tell. I guess the tomcat committers would know :)

I only upgraded to tomcat 5 on Sunday and I'm still trying to get back
to the stage where I was with tomcat 4.

Do you know when the 2.4 spec goes final?