tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <>
Subject Re: IIS/Tomcat tuning
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:49:39 GMT
> Hello,
Hi Jean rene,
> I would like to know your feeling about the IIS/Tomcat installation. We
> know that Apache/Tomcat works well but what can we say about IIS/Tomcat
> ? Is it reliable into production systems ?
good question....
is IIS production ready
seems to be a troll but this is the main question...
mod_jk is a very reliable connector AJP (3) is a good protocol...
so your debts turn to have an answer for this TROLL:question....
don't have much experience with IIS...

Tomcat (3.3 or 4.1.2x) are production ready releases...
tuning can be made by several tricks:
-config of tomcat
- connectors

for robustness constraints don't forget to use:
load balancer facilities of the connectors
clustering features of Tomcat 4.1 version (is it useful for you ?)

> If you could inform me about this question or send me some links.
> Thanks for your job.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message