tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Walker Chris <walk...@dc-link.co.uk>
Subject RE: POI
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:12:23 GMT
Justin,

I've used POI to read and write Excel files.  I'd say it was generally very
good, although I had problems reading a file in, IIRC, pre-Excel 97 format.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Hart, Justin [mailto:JHart@sfa.com]
Sent: 22 October 2003 15:01
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: POI

I'm considering using POI (the jakarta package for managing OLE objects in
java) in a commercial project.

2 Questions
1)  Is it any good?
2)  Will the license allow for this?  IANAL.

Justin W. Hart

The information in this e:mail and any attachments or any
reproduction of this e:mail in whatever manner is confidential
and for the use of the addressee(s) only.  If you are not the
addressee then the distribution, use or reproduction of this
e:mail or the information within it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful.  If received in error please advise the
sender and delete all record of it from your system.
Although believed to be virus free, accurate and complete,
responsibility for any loss or cost arising from its receipt or
use or its incomplete or inaccurate transmission is hereby
excluded to the fullest extent possible.