tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Walker Chris <walk...@dc-link.co.uk>
Subject RE: connectors documents
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:29:50 GMT

From: Mark Lowe [mailto:mark.lowe@talk21.com]
Sent: 01 October 2003 18:13
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: connectors documents

Chris

But when you say its working, is it

http://domain/webappname/action.do

or what i'm trying to with

http://domain/action.do

unless its the root webapp i think its always going to need the nasty
context path after the domain. Which could me being fussy but I think
is a pretty poor show. The only way i can think of is to have a
different server.xml for each webapp. But the administration will be
again worse with a zillion files to edit..

But I'm sure somebody would have thought this through between mod_jserv
and now jk2.. Or perhaps i'm just a hopeless optimist.

Thanks for your reply

Mark

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 04:32 PM, Walker Chris wrote:

> Yes, I'm using virtual hosts and so far it's running OK.  I'll check
> on the
> sources I'm using.
>
> I suspect that my configuration has a major problem with unclaimed
> resources
> if you shut down and restart httpd and Tomcat (MySql is implicated,
> but I
> didn't restart that).  After two disastrous days struggling to keep
> the site
> up I discovered that rebooting the server and leaving it alone works
> fine.
>
> Chris

<snip>