tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Walker Chris <walk...@dc-link.co.uk>
Subject RE: connectors documents
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:20:09 GMT

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lowe [mailto:mark.lowe@talk21.com]
Sent: 01 October 2003 10:13
To: Tomcat Developers List
Cc: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: connectors documents

Yeah i know,
I did.. and now i'm trying a cheeky question to the dev list..

They seem to be more interested in other stuff on the user list..

Given that both tomcat and apache are so great i'm surprised that they
continue to be plagued by this connector business. How many years now?
, I'm not sure, but if there was reason not to use these technologies
then connectors would be it..

I thought a mail to the folks who are involved with this stuff could be
the way forward. Its great to see an example on jk2 and vhosts , it
would be even better if it worked.

So to repeat my question on both lists..

Is there any documentation, on jk, jk2 or mod_webapp that explains
configuring vhosts in a sensible manner that doesn't just go as far as
http://domain/webappname .. because frankly that bit is easy, and
suffers from chocolate fire-guard syndrome in terms of it utility.

If not i would be eternally grateful if anyone could take me through
this, especially if you have a real server in the real world , really
doing this.. I dont care which connector, protocol whatever. If this
does work and if i'm being a dofuss then feedback would be useful..

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html

does this work? Looks like there are 3 files that need amending just to
administer it, but i'll live with it.. So far apache cant find the
workers2.properties.. I have no idea why or how to find out why..

Many thanks in advance

Mark