tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Rees" <dr...@greenhydrant.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat hanging!! About to change container!! Please help!!
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:54:26 GMT
On Fri, October 3, 2003 at 1:02 pm, Remy Maucherat sent the following
> Interesting stuff about the logger.
>
> Anyway, in the dump, there's, as usual, only one connector listening on
> its server socket. And, as usual, it is Sun JDK 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 on Linux.
> I think there are way too many coincidences in these reports.
> I wonder what's the market share is today on Linux, but I don't even
> remember the last time I heard about stability issues with the IBM JDK.

It's also interesting that it seems that a number of these reports are
coming from Redhat 9 machines.

I would confirm that the machine is running all the latest errata updates
from Redhat (especially the glibc updates which have a number of thread
fixes) and at the same time also upgrade to the latest 1.4.2 JDK from Sun
(build 1.4.2_01-b06) if he doesn't want to try the latest from IBM.

-Dave