tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkatrama Raju <vraju...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can we use seperate JVM's in Tomcat for each Service
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:51:58 GMT
Hi,

   We have three inter-related applications that need
to run on Tomcat.
We are exploring the possibility of using one
serverl.xml with three separate Services for each of
these applications.

To provide more robustness and better memory usage, we
would like to have these three Services run in
separate JVM's (with different -Xs -Xm values to JVM).
We have been looking hard to find this option in
Tomcat documentation and archives but can't seem to
find clear instructions on how to do this (or if
implicitly tomcat uses separate JVM's with the use of
certain connectors etc.)

Running separate tomcat instances with separate
server.xml is an option but is this the only way to
have separate JVM's?.

Any help from experts would be greatly appreciated.

--Venkat