tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Harrison <peter.harri...@nothingbutnet.co.nz>
Subject Re: Missing jdbc context
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:18:12 GMT
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:59, Johann Uhrmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with Tomcat 4.1.27 and database connection pooling:
>
> Apparently, the context java:comp/env/jdbc does not exist.
> Can someone give me a hint why that context is not available?

This sounds suspeciously like the resource issue around DefaultContect and
GlobalResources.

Try moving everything from the GlobalResources to a specific Context for your
web application. You will need to do this *after* you deploy it, otherwise a
war will not unpack.

If it works under the manually defined context you will know the issue is a
known bug. There have been rumours this issue has been resolved, although I
have not been able to do a build myself yet from the CVS tree to test it
again (I tried). I'm pretty sure its not in any official release yet.

However, 4.0.4 does work - we are currently using this version on our live
machines.

Regards,
Peter