tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Charbonneau <tomcat-u...@kdesktop.org>
Subject org.apache.naming
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:10:59 GMT
I was trying to embed Tomcat in my application only to discover that
Embedded.createContext relies on ProxyDirContext from
org.apache.naming.resources.  I can't seem to find the jar that contains this
class, though I can find references to JavaDocs for it.  I'm running Tomcat
4.1 and am a little confused.  Any help here would be appreciated.  :)

Here is the stack trace:

org/apache/naming/resources/ProxyDirContext
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.createContext(Embedded.java:588)
	at com.look.core.EmbeddedTomcat.startTomcat(EmbeddedTomcat.java:58)
	at com.look.core.Main.main(Main.java:24)

And the class is a modified version of an example from an OnJava article, and
is included here.

import org.apache.catalina.*;
import org.apache.catalina.logger.*;
import org.apache.catalina.startup.*;

/**
 * @author etriaph
 *
 * To change the template for this generated type comment go to
 * Window - Preferences - Java - Code Generation - Code and Comments
 */
public class EmbeddedTomcat
{
	private String   m_path     = null;
	private Embedded m_embedded = null;
	private Host     m_host     = null;

	public EmbeddedTomcat()
	{

	}

	public EmbeddedTomcat(String path)
	{
		setPath(path);
	}

	public void setPath(String path)
	{
		m_path = path;
	}

	public void startTomcat() throws Exception
	{
		Engine engine = null;

		System.setProperty("catalina.path", getPath());

		m_embedded = new Embedded();

		m_embedded.setDebug(0);
		m_embedded.setLogger(new SystemOutLogger());

		engine = m_embedded.createEngine();
		engine.setDefaultHost("localhost");

		m_host = m_embedded.createHost("localhost", getPath() + "/webapps");
		engine.addChild(m_host);

		Context context = m_embedded.createContext("", getPath() + "/webapps/ROOT");
		m_host.addChild(context);

		m_embedded.addEngine(engine);

		Connector connector = m_embedded.createConnector(null, 8080, false);
		m_embedded.addConnector(connector);

		m_embedded.start();
	}

	public String getPath()
	{
		return( m_path );
	}

	public void stopTomcat() throws Exception
	{
		m_embedded.stop();
	}
}

Again, I would love to get an opinion on this, or perhaps a URL to a jar that
contains the classes needed.

Thanks in advance!

--
Robert Charbonneau