tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Davi Leal <d...@leals.com>
Subject What LDAP servers does JNDI realm support? - (was: Re: JNDI: LDAP Protocol Error (Microsoft LDAP))
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:01:27 GMT
jerome moliere wrote:
> >  I am trying to authenticate my webapps via a JNDI Realm, which connects
> >to Microsoft Site Server (LDAP).
>
> :(

> >  As I am getting [LDAP: error code 2 - Protocol Error] (See below), I
> >would like to know if that Micro$oft product is a certified LDAP server.
>
> as fai as i Know, like any other microsoft product, partially... :)

I have been told the LDAP protocol is no-100% a standard. That is to say, a
lot of providers have realized different offers, which share only 90% of the
specification (the core standard).

Nowdays, it is said, the Netscape's one being the more recognised/compatible/
standard.

So, my question is now: What LDAP products does the JNDI Tomcat realm support?