tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Alfonso Martinez <tril...@linuxcenter.com.mx>
Subject Re: Datasource connections not released when reloading context
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:30:12 GMT

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:37:39AM -0500, Matt Raible wrote:
> I already do this, but when I "reload" my context, I get two database
> connections, rather than one.  So each time I reload, I get an additional
> connection - eventually resulting in an OutOfMemory Error (which I'm
> attributing to this) after I reload 10-20 times.

That is what I was talking about. I have that problem. I close connections after each access
but when I reload my context I guess a new datasource is created, therefore oppening new connections.
After many reloads the database max limit of connections is reached...

Does any one have an idea of what may be going on??? May be it could be that I do not nullify
the datasource in some destroy() method but I am not sure...

Jose