tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOU...@123multimedia.com>
Subject RE: Opinions
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:45:45 GMT

> Your question, and my answer regarding ready for production, was for
> commons-daemon itself.  I also happen to believe* tomcat5 is fine: the
> only reason it's beta and not stable is the specs aren't out.
>
> * = I voted for beta, not stable, for this reason.

OK.

> Sorry I couldn't help you much.  Beyond providing commons-daemon, that
> is.  I hope more users contribute rather than just sit and wait for
> their desired features to magically get implemented, but hey, I'm not
> holding my breath and neither should you.

Well, I'd LOVE to try to use jsvc and make the appropriate documentation for it, I just CAN'T
see where I should declare them, use them, and so on. I suppose it replaces Coyote Connectors,
and I should try to define the jsvc classes there (in server.xml), but, it is really to thin
for me to start a test. Well, it's Friday, I will sleep on it on two or three nights and try
to understand it :).

Fran├žois.