tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOU...@123multimedia.com>
Subject RE: Opinions
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:19:06 GMT

> >Hu! It's in early developments or is it suitable for production ?
>
> It's ready for production.  People are already using it in production
> with tomcat 5.  Of course, I'm biased ;)

Well, there is that beta flag in front of tomcat5 that tell me that your opinion is more than
biased :). Of course, I saw a mail telling that the beta flag is related to specification
instability (not code), anyway...

> It's a Developer, rather than Sysadmin, option.  Chances are you won't
> need to worry about it as you'll use commons-daemon with tomcat, which
> already does the required jsvc invocation for you.

Well, that does not help that much. I hope that there will be a configuration scheme that'll
let easily define user/group/port and so on for the connectors. Just waiting for a sysadmin
point of view :).

Thanks,

Fran├žois.