tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOU...@123multimedia.com>
Subject RE: Opinions
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:54:35 GMT

> It's a little thin, but what there is is at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/

Hu! It's in early developments or is it suitable for production ?

And, in a sysadmin point of view, what does that means:
"There two ways to use jsvc: via a Class that implements the Daemon interface or via calling
a Class that have the required methods. For example Tomcat-4.1.x uses the Daemon interface
and Tomcat-5.0.x provide a Class whose methods are called by jsvc directly."?

The applications are located in CATALINA_BASE directory, I have a conf file with servers and
connectors definitions. What should I do to use jsvc? As you said, it's a little thin. I feel
that there is a lot of solutions to my problems, but...

You can do Apache administration without knowing C or PHP or perl. But you can't do tomcat
administration without knowing java. I feel it a week point of Jakarta (perhaps am I wrong,
it's just a feeling).

Anyway, I will switch to jsvc later. Sorry :).

Fran├žois.