tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOU...@123multimedia.com>
Subject linux : Limit of file descriptor
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:05:09 GMT
Hi all,

One of my developers reached the limit of file descriptors using tomcat. With no more than
400 clients at a time and 500 threads, we have more than 200000 (two hundred thousands) of
FD opened. As far as I can read (just try to read a lsof output with more than 200000 lines),
each thread seems to open all the jar and java files.

Anyone already seen this? It only happens on this machine, so it is probably configuration
or application related. Just need some tip about such problem.

Thanks,

Fran├žois.