tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bruno Morin" <bruno.mo...@atosorigin.com>
Subject HTTPS and java client call
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:50:40 GMT
Hi,

I configured Tomcat to work in HTTPs mode with a self-signed certificate.
and I installed a Soap webService on it.

Is it possible to develop a java client for a webService thru Https, without
create and use a client keystore generated from the server certificate ?

Before the call of the webService I add those instructions :
    System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");

    Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

and when I execute the call, I have the exception
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: unknown certificate

Did I forgot an instruction ?

Is it possible to develop a java client for a webService thru Https, without
create and use a client keystore generate from the server certificate ?

How can i do that ?

Thanxs