tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bruno Morin" <bruno.mo...@atosorigin.com>
Subject [URGENT] Tomcat SSL crash on start-up
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:44:15 GMT
Hi,

I tried to configure Tomcat 4.1.27 with SSL

I use JDK 1.3.1 with jcert.jar, jnet.jar and jsse.jar in
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/
I had "security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider" in
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/java.security

Then I generate a certificate whith those instructions :
keytool -genkey -alias server -keyalg RSA -keystore servercerts.ks
keytool -export -rfc -alias server -keystore servercerts.ks -file
server.cert
keytool -import -file server.cert -keystore client.ks
and put servercerts.ks in CATALINA_HOME

Then I modified the connector in CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml like this :

enableLookups="true" acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https"
secure="true">

<Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"

clientAuth="false"

protocol="TLS"

keystorePass="serverpassword"/>

</Connector>

Then I lauched the server but it crash on start-up with the exception :
java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

What's wrong ?