tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jon yeargers" <j...@lupinesystems.net>
Subject Firewall rules - blocking tomcat traffic inadvertantly?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:48:05 GMT
I have a tomcat server in a DMZ coming off my firewall machine. I have
permitted traffic to /from port 8080 but am having some connection
problems. Are there other *standard* ports needed for communications
with my server process?

Specifically Im trying to call URLConnection::getOutputStream() - AFAIK
it doesn't ask for a specific port # so I don't think Im doing anything
entirely strange with it. Communication with my server process works ok
when its not across the firewall but fails otherwise (I can get info
from the server but I can't send files back).