tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ <Jose.Eucli...@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br>
Subject RES: Bugs and weakness when Tomcat works a NT Service (tcservcfg)
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:40:29 GMT
Dear Chuck and friends,
here is all steps taken:
1 - disable old tomcat's service
2 - download new tomcat 4.1.17
3 - install it as a NT service
4 - process of app configuration ( server.xml, web.xml and adding folders )
AGAIN, the old big problem still alive: only the static pages are
availables, so whenever my app tries to use ResultSet, I get that known
error message:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at BancoServlet.recuperaTopicoAssunto(BancoServlet.java:413)

Really, what is wrong with this procedure? Let me remind you: since i have
runned  this fucking tcservcfg ( to turn tomcat a service), my app have
never been running correctly anymore.Probably, some NT internal
configuration was wrongly mismatched by tcservcfg.
Any last hint?