tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ <Jose.Eucli...@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br>
Subject Still needing help with DBCP - slow response time
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:58:43 GMT
Hi,
i am still having problems with DBCP 1.0 - TomCat 4.18.
Some hints:
1 - I didnt setted the server.xml up.
2 - I am using the Oracle Thin Driver
3 - I ve created my own  connection pooling class, called BeanPoolConn,
which returns a datasource object. See below the main statement:

      DriverAdapterCPDS cpds = new DriverAdapterCPDS();
      cpds.setDriver("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
      cpds.setUrl("jdbc:oracle:thin:@uxrjo038:1526:drj1");
      cpds.setUser("PORTAL_PRATICA");
      cpds.setPassword("PORTAL_PRATICA00");
      Jdbc2PoolDataSource tds = new Jdbc2PoolDataSource();
      tds.setConnectionPoolDataSource(cpds);
      tds.setDefaultMaxActive(10);
      tds.setDefaultMaxWait(50);
      tds.getConnection();
      ds = tds;
      return ds;

4 -  My main class instances this BeanPoolConn class:

             if ( ds == null )
                {
                   BeanPoolConn bp = new BeanPoolConn();
                   ds = bp.conexao();
                }
             con = ds.getConnection();
	... do something...
	pstmt = con.prepareStatement(query);
            resultcount = pstmt.executeUpdate();

Question: Is it enough? Are there others steps to be done?
Thanks again, Euclides.