tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ <Jose.Eucli...@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br>
Subject Urgent help, please!Best practices using Connection Pool
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:26:49 GMT
Hi gurus, help me please.
i am using DBCP 1.0 to make connection pool avaiable. My question can be
easy: since DBCP 1.0 doesnt create a singleton object ( just a datasource
object), what should i do whenever my sql queries are done? Should i close
the connection after each sql command is completed? But, if i do this, will
i loose my connection pool facility, so my next sql command will spend more
time since the connection process ( with the database ) would be started
before the sql running. I really need to improve my database response time!
Thanks in advance,
Euclides.