tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Noam Camiel" <n...@mdrm.com>
Subject Re: tomcat jitters, then hangs - please help
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:16:32 GMT
Hiya,

<Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>  Wrote:

> It seems you also have a JK connector setup: let's try to reduce the
> variables by running tomcat standalone with only one Coyote connector.
> Disable the JK/JK2/whatever connectors to Apache, especially if you're
> not using them anyways.
>
> Other than that, nothing unusual jumped at me from the stack trace.

OK, I disabled the connector.

<arthur@telemessage.com> Wrote:
> Hi Noam :)
> Check the server.xml for the parameter "maxWait" if it's configured to -1
> (which mean maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
is
> indefinitely) then you should try changing it to something like 10000 (10
> sec). If you have a problem with your DB then the tomcat will get stuck
> waiting for dB connection to become available

I actually didnt find "mawWait" but did find "connectionTimeout" which was
already set to "20000"

I also received from  Remy Maucherat <remm@jboss.org> an update to the
tomcat-util.jar so I'm trying that as well.

The Tomcat server is now running and I'll keep you posted tomorow.
Thanks for your help so far,
Noam.