tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Bell" <jbell...@btclick.com>
Subject Apache 2 Tomcat4.1.27 name based virtual hosts
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:02:36 GMT
Hi,

In Apache http.conf I have name based virtual hosts.

If I have capucino.co.uk as the first virtual host (default) then a request to freshlyroastcoffee.biz
is ignored

and www.freshlyroastcoffee.biz goes to the capucino site.

If I put freshlyroastcoffe first then all is fine and capucino is picked up but I cannot see
where I am going wrong

whether its a typo or just got it wrong.

# Use name-based virtual hosting.

NameVirtualHost *

#<VirtualHost *>

<VirtualHost *>

       ServerAdmin sales@capucino.co.uk

        DocumentRoot /coffeemy

        ServerName www.capucino.co.uk

        ErrorLog logs/capucino.error_log

        CustomLog logs/capucino.co.uk-access_log combined

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>

        ServerAdmin sales@capucino.co.uk

        DocumentRoot /coffeepp

        ServerName www.freshlyroastcoffee.biz

        ErrorLog logs/freshlyroastcoffee.error_log

        CustomLog logs/freshlyroastcoffee.biz-access_log combined

</VirtualHost>

include D:\ApacheTomcat\Tomcat-4.1\conf\jk\mod_jk.conf

In mod_jk_conf :-

JkMount /coffeemy ajp13

JkMount /coffeemy/* ajp13

JkMount /coffeemy/*.jsp ajp13

JkMount /coffeepp ajp13

JkMount /coffeepp/* ajp13

JkMount /coffeepp/*.jsp ajp13

In Tomcat's server.xml

<Context path="/coffeemy" docBase="d:\coffeemy" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="coffeemy_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>

</Context>

<Context path="/coffeepp" docBase="d:\coffeepp" debug="0"reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="coffeepp_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>

</Context>

Regards,

John