tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jwahar Bammi" <ba...@memento-inc.com>
Subject custom web app classloader
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:22:42 GMT
I want to write my own custom web application class loader, for Tomcat 4.1*
(and hopefully it will continue to work for Tomcat 5*). From the precious
little info that is available, I have gleaned the following:

- the class I write should implement org.apache.catalina.Loader interface.

- once I write the class, I tell tomcat to use it by specifying it in the
<Loader> tag of a <Context> in server.xml

- my class itself goes into $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib

Are my assumptions above correct?

It would be a real bonus to see an example. I am sure more than one person
in this community has done this before.

Any words of advice?

Advanced Thanks,

Jwahar Bammi