tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Twan Munster" <t.muns...@emaxx.nl>
Subject ssl client authentication again
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:09:47 GMT
Hello,

I've worked around with using apache+mod_ssl, but i'm running in several problems now so please
can somebody help me with the next problem:

I've always used apache http server for client authenticatien with ssl. I've installed Tomcat
now voor mij jsp's.
But I'm not able to get the ssl client authentication working. The problem is getting my existing
certificates working in tomcat. Is apache http server it was very easy. I configured all the
stuff in my httpd.conf.
I also tried to get tomcat working with keytool. But ther's something I do wrong. I alwas
get "handshake error".

Can somebody please tell me how to use keytool. I've got the following certificates:

1 server.crt = server certificate
2 ca.crt = chain certificate
3 ca-bundle.crt = lots of certificates for client authentication
4 server.key = i really don't know how to get this one in keytool

Thnx

Twan Munster