tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: How do i handle session-timeout in an acceptable manner?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:23:18 GMT

But wasn't that your original problem?  If a different servlet engine
uses POST, then all is good, your application will not fail, because the
container-managed AUTH does not inappropriately GET the page. Containers
that POST will follow the 'happy path' coded in your doPost() methods.

When you use a container that GETs, like Tomcat, then your workaround
will work for those containers.