tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Erickson" <>
Subject Tomcat integration into Apache and PHP support
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:18:53 GMT
Hi we have been developing a webapp using Tomcat 4.1.24.  We have come to a
point where we would like to add a forum based on PHP.. I gave the php
running in a servlet a try but never fully got it functioning the way I'd
like.  We are now evaluating running apache and plugging tomcat into it
along with PHP.

Some questions:
1) Supposing our webapp context is /salesweb, do all the files like *.html
*.jsp etc get routed through to tomcat?  Our security is based on filters so
its essential all incoming requests go through tomcat.
2) Would a php request go through tomcat's filters and to the php engine or
would it hit apache and go straight to php?
3) Can we continue to start and stop contexts and rebuild etc using ant like
we have been doing thus far?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message