tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <gb_...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: JK DEBUG level logging in catalina.out
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:27:53 GMT
[Solved]

:o    I'm about to chuck my SSH FTP client out the window.

Using my client, when I double click on a file (in this case my
log4j.properties) it downloads the file to a local temp directory, and
then opens it in my editor (Textpad).  If there's already a file of that
name, it appends (1), (2), etc to the end of the name... EXCEPT
sometimes it doesn't quite get it right and it opens the wrong local
version of the file. So what I was seeing was the file that I had made
originally, and not the one I had just downloaded.

When I used an SSH Shell client, and inspected the file with vi, I
discovered that someone had indeed changed the log4j.properties file,
and introduced an error (but had not restarted Tomcat). When it got
restarted days later, the problem appeared.

Sorry for the noise!  I guess I'm going to have to brush up on my vi
(or perhaps be more dilligent about clearing out my temp directory)

:(