tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mario Juric" <mario.ju...@privat.tdcadsl.dk>
Subject shared memory problem in Tomcat 4.1.24/Apache 2.0.47/mod_jk2 connection
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:20:32 GMT
I need some help in solving the following problem.

I am trying to establish a simple Tomcat 4.1.24/Apache 2.0.47/mod_jk2
connection using the standard Tomcat examples webapp. The browser waits
forever when I try to access http://localhost/examples/. I also get the the
following errors two times in my /var/lo/httpd/error_log:

[error] jk2_init() Can't find child XXX in scoreboard

[error] mod_jk child init 1 -2

Similar problem descriptions I found in the Tomcat User mailing archive
indicate that this may have something to do with the shared memory file
(shm). I have setup up read/write permission for this file.

Note that http://localhost/ (Apache default page) and
http://localhost:8009/examples/ (Tomcat examples) work as expected.

My OS is Mandrake Linux 9.1 and I use the following setup files:

# workers2.properties

[shm]

file=/var/log/httpd/jk2.shm

size=1048576

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]

tomcatId=localhost:8009

port=8009

host=127.0.0.1

[ajp13:localhost:8009]

channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/examples/*]

worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

# jk2.properties

handler.list=request,container,channelSocket

channelSocket.port=8009

shm.file=/var/log/httpd/jk2.shm