tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aymeric Alibert" <>
Subject Re: Regarding Tomcat Start
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:36:16 GMT
Your server failed to start.
You can see errors by opening a DOS prompt and run 'catalina.bat run'
from the
tomcat bin directory. This should start the server in the same window
instead of
opening a new window that will closed itself if startup fails.

>>> 09/27/03 11:53AM >>>
I have installed jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12. I set jdk and catalina path. I
open a
command prompt, move to the bin directory of tomcat. I run startup.bat.
opens another prompt that vanishes in seconds. I dont see anything
(warning or error message) at original command prompt.
I move to localhost in browser. Nothing loads up on browser !
How do i know whether tomcat has really started or not ? (I tried to
look at
services running, it does not show up there)
I tried to see log floder, but it is just empty. I tried to run
shutdown bat
file. It says, connection not found ! Does it help in answering my
I am using Windows XP Operating System.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: