tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Morris" <David.Mor...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Coyote Performance
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:51:53 GMT
I did some profiling of a slow page (Struts based) on a site using the
Coyote connector. This site does not use Apache. It appeared that a
java.net.SocketInputStream.read being invoked from
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseRequestLine() was
causing a bottleneck. In this case average response over a 5 page
interaction with three being relatively simple and two being complex
averaged 35 seconds per response when repeated 20 times.

I changed the site to use the old and deprecated http connector and
performance improved to 4 seconds per response. It appears that the
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.SocketInputStream was much faster.
Since Coyote is recommended, does anyone have any ideas on how I can get
it to perform better? Over dozens of tests, it appears that large pages
take a long time with the Coyote connector.

Thanks,

David Morris