tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Harmon" <JHAR...@novell.com>
Subject How is the server.xml file being pulled.
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 04:55:13 GMT
I have an situation were we are deploying 3 instances of Tomcat off of
the same directory stucture using three different server.xml files.
This is all being done for load balancing and is working fine and the
instances are being started using the startup.bat file.  I have a
different startup.bat file that will call the catalina.bat file for each
instance of the server.xml file.

For example:

call "%EXECUTABLE%" run -config c:\Tomcat\conf\server.xml start
%CMD_LINE_ARGS%

call "%EXECUTABLE%" run -config c:\Tomcat\conf\server2.xml start
%CMD_LINE_ARGS%

call "%EXECUTABLE%" run -config c:\Tomcat\conf\server3.xml start
%CMD_LINE_ARGS%

This works fine on my box.  I was doing this for a customer and when I
ported it over to their box I found out that they were not using the
startup.bat file.  They are using a custom built file that calls in some
parameters. I have tried to add these parameters so that the startup
file could use them and it has problems.  Needless to say I need to find
out how this file is pointing to the server.xml file so that I can point
it to the others as well.

The file in question is as follows:

D:\j2sdk1.4.1_04\bin\java.exe -jar -Xmx1638m
-Duser.dir="d:\Tomcat\406"
"d:\Tomcat\406\bin\bootstrap.jar" start

Any ideas on this?  This file works for the customer, but I need a way
to have two more instances of it calling the server.xml file.  I tried
changing the following in the catalina.bat

set ACTION=start

set ACTION=run -config d:\tomcat\406\conf\server2.xml start

didn't work

Joe Harmon
Web Services Support
Novell Inc.  -  The leading provider of Information Solutions.
(801) 861-9163
jharmon@novell.com