tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Obtaining client connection
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:15:37 GMT
It sounds like all you want is
request.getRemoteAddr()/request.getRemoteHost().  These give you the
IP/DNS-name of the client's box.  All of this is taken from the Socket
(since there really isn't any other way to get at it).

If you need to get the IP on your machine that they connected to, then you
can't.  request.getServerName() reports what was sent in the Headers.