tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: How to use classes from another webapp/context?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:25:05 GMT
Christopher Williams wrote:

> Unfortunately, you do need to move classes common to multiple web apps into
> library files.  You don't have to put the library files into common\lib,
> however.  You can put the JARs in WEB-INF/lib inside your WAR file.  Never
> done it myself, but it's supposed to work.

Yep, but then I can't deploy/undeploy the two WARs seperately. We have
developers, who write classes, and they want to manage their WAR, and we
have people, who write JSP files, and they want to manage their own WAR.
But it seems they can't work together in the way I imagined.

Thank you very much for your help,

Ulrich