tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lukas Bradley" <lu...@somnia.com>
Subject Servlet/JSP Lifecycle and Performance
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:51:53 GMT
All,

Where can I get a description of how Tomcat handles a Servlet lifecycle from
init() to removal from memory?  I'm interested in how long a Servlet is held
in memory, and how long it remains inactive before it is removed from the
Servlet pool.

Also, are there performance statistics of the maximum number of Servlets
used versus number of simultaneous requests?  In other words, if there are
1000 simultaneous requests, what is the performance sacrifice for having
2000 active servlets versus 200?  Assume memory and processing power is
ample.

Thanks for any and all information or comments.

Lukas