tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Sharing of JSP pages across multiple web apps
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 05:13:02 GMT
It depends what you want to accomplish basically.  Personally, I prefer
symlinking the pages (of course, after enabling the symlink option :).  This
results in seperate class files for each context that uses the page, but is
easy to maintain.  Alternatively, you can pre-compile the JSP to
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes, and adjust your servlet-mappings accordingly.

"Ashutosh Satyam" <ashutosh.satyam@alopa.com> wrote in message

Is it possible to share JSP page across multiple web-application within
tomcat
servlet container? Something like the libraries, which we want to share
across
multiple web application can be placed under the shared directory of tomcat.

If it's not possible, why it has been not designed like that?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashutosh