tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Running Tomcat 4.1.27 without Jasper (or a JDK)?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 04:43:20 GMT
Actually, removing Jasper from 3.3.1(a) is about the same as for 4.1.x:  You
just comment out the JspInterceptor element in server.xml, and voila: you've
got a JSP-less Servlet-Container.

Ok, to be helpful, for 4.1.x, you need to comment out all references to
JspServlet in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml (including the servlet-mapping).
Then you have a JSP-less Servlet-Container.

"Jon Skeet" <jon.skeet@peramon.com> wrote in message
> I don't think you need to do anything. But you probaly want
> to do this:
> - remove $CATALINA/common/lib/jasper-compiler.jar
> - in $CATALINA/conf/web.xml - comment out boht jasper/jsp references
>
> If you don't use precompiled jsp's
> - remove $CATALINA/common/lib/jasper-runtime.jar
>
> You might not need $CATALINA/common/lib/ant.jar either. (I
> don't know if anything other than jasper depends on it)
>
> [ On second thought, you might need to edit setclasspath.bat
> (or sh) to remove the javac check. ]

I'll certainly need to do the last bit, and I'll also (for the sake of
completeness) remove the reference to tools.jar on the classpath.

Great. I know I tried to do this with Tomcat 3.3, and I couldn't for the
life of me get it to not require the Jasper jar files on the system...

Jon