tomcat-users mailing list archives

From prashant.budh...@acterna.com
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1 -> 5.0 Web-app Porting
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:52:48 GMT

Here's my entire index.jsp. What would you change to make it work with
Tomcat 5.0? It seems to works fine with 4.1.

<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
      <head>
            <title><bean:message key="indexPage.title"/></title>
      </head>
<% if (request.getHeader("dsam_sn") == null) {%>

      <frameset cols="145,*" frameborder=0 border=0>
            <frame src="CommonTasks.jsp" frameborder=0 marginwidth=0
scrolling="no" name="commonTasks" noresize >
                <frame src="HeadendCatalog.jsp" frameborder=0 marginwidth=0
name="main">
      </frameset>
      <noframes><bean:message key="indexPage.noFrameMessage"/></noframes>

<% } else {%>
<jsp:forward page="InstHomePage.jsp" />
<% } %>

|         |           Remy Maucherat   |
|         |           <remm@jboss.org> |
|         |           09/15/03 09:04 AM|
|         |           "Tomcat Users    |
|         |           List"            |

prashant.budhale@acterna.com wrote:

> I'm using Tomcat 5.0.11.
>
> I still don't understand how this works with Tomcat 4.1 and not 5.0. I
> thought 5.0 was backwards compatible. Besides, struts' tags are very
> popular (<html><bean> etc.). If 5.0 were somehow not compatible with
these
> tags, we would hear more complaints from this forum. I am tilting towards
> believing that I am, most probably, facing a configuration/settings
> problem. Any suggestions?

The only way to get a NPE where you're getting it is if the tag pool is
null. It will only happen if _jspInit is not properly called, basically
(the code should be easy to read). So I doubt your JSP is a plain &
clean JSP ;-)

BTW, I developed and tested a rather big Struts webapp using TC 5
without any problems.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat