tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikolaos Giannopoulos" <nikol...@solmar.ca>
Subject RE: Memory Leak with static content
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:04:10 GMT
Seth,

Have you tried JDK 1.4.2?  1.4.0 has been known to have a memory leak in the
StringBuffer implementation w.r.t. re-using StringBuffers but you mention
that your only serving static content so this may not be it.

However, I believe that I read that something like 2000 bugs have been fixed
in 1.4.2 (if my memory serves me well).  We have have no visible problems
running tomcat 4.1.12/18 stand alone w/ 1.4.2 on Solaris 8 on 4 boxes (no
JSPs - just servlets and static content).

Please reply back if this works or does not work for you - we are looking at
upgrading our Tomcat instances in the near future.

HTH.

--Nikolaos