tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ilja Hehenkamp" <imhehenk...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat, MySQL & JNDI: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:10:16 GMT
I think I know where lies the problem, however I still don't know how to fix
it...

I use the sample build.xml file from Tomcat:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/appdev/build.xml.txt to
install, reload and distribute my sample application.

When I do an ant -install it apparantly installs the application in the
Tomcat manager, however the application doesn't show up in the webapps
directory. That's 1.

So maybe there's a conflict with either the context path, which I don't
think so, since my build file has explicitly set the context path to
/DBTest:

  <property name="app.name"      value="DBTest"/>
  <property name="app.path"      value="/${app.name}"/>
  <property name="app.version"   value=""/>
  <property name="build.home"    value="${basedir}/build"/>
  <property name="catalina.home" value="/Library/Tomcat"/> <!-- UPDATE THIS!
-->
  <property name="dist.home"     value="${basedir}/dist"/>
  <property name="docs.home"     value="${basedir}/docs"/>
  <property name="manager.url"   value="http://localhost:8080/manager"/>
  <property name="src.home"      value="${basedir}/src"/>
  <property name="web.home"      value="${basedir}/web"/>

Or there's a conflict with the docbase, which I suspect... However I'm not
sure why and how to fix it....

Because when I put the generated war file (when doing an ant -dist) in the
webapps directory the connection works! Although this works, it's not very
convenient, since it defeats the purpose of the automated installing through
ant...

Hope I made myself clear?