tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Anderson" <>
Subject Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:16:36 GMT
Ok, I know this topic has been posted many times, but I can't find anything
to help.

I have OracleDriver in [$CATALINA_HOME]/common/lib
here's my server.xml
<Resource name="myDS" scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
    <ResourceParams name="myDS">
        <value>select user from dual;</value>

and my web.xml:

in the administrative tool:
the top level Resources->DataSources looks ok as MyDS is listed there
but the /my_context->Resources->Datasources gives:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception retrieving attribute

and the (when it tries to use myDS):
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null

Any help would be great - I've been trying everything - reloading with
different configurations about 50 times - looking through books, mailing